The vision and mission of the Hanson Film Institute is aligned with the mission and strategic goals of The University of Arizona and its College of Fine Arts. The Institute serves The University and its faculty by facilitating cross-university collaborations and cultivating external partnerships with industry and alumni to advance academic program success and supplement instructional and research resources.
A number of the Institute's program goals, such as bringing industry professionals and emerging filmmakers together for learning and career opportunities, benefit University of Arizona faculty. Most specifically, the Institute serves faculty by sponsoring comprehensive research: pure, applied, and creative. A number of the Institute's programs still in the planning stage, such as panels, conferences, workshops, and awards will directly benefit faculty.
Current Programs For Faculty
- Coordination and support of workshops and seminars for students, faculty, and public
- Coordination and support of visits by diverse film and television professionals for presentations, including screenings and talks on and off campus
- Funds for creative and academic research
- Funds for Research Fellows/Graduate Teaching Assistantships to support scholarly investigation (not yet implemented)
- Support for conference on research methods and practices (not yet implemented)
- Support for research project with a major media organization (not yet implemented)